I Tried the DASH Mini Griddle: Small Machine, Big Mornings
A quick note: the link below is an affiliate link — I earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. #ad
I'll be honest: when this little griddle showed up, I laughed. Four inches across — it's the size of a dessert plate, and it plugs into the wall. But there's something about a gadget that knows exactly what it's for that wins you over, and this one won me over by the second morning.
It's a single-serving electric griddle — pancakes, eggs, grilled cheese, cookies. It heats up fast at 350W, the little indicator light tells you when it's ready, and the nonstick surface genuinely releases clean. One egg, one pancake, one grilled cheese at a time. It also comes with a recipe book and access to their recipe database, which is a nice touch for a gadget under twenty bucks.
This is for the solo-breakfast crowd, the apartment dwellers, the “I just want one good pancake” people. If you're cooking for a family of five, you'll want the big skillet — this little machine is not trying to be that, and it's all the better for it.
The honest nit: you will be making things one at a time, and on busy mornings that can feel slow. But there's a rhythm to it — flip, slide, repeat — and the cleanup is thirty seconds. For what it costs, it earns its counter space.
Get it here: DASH Mini Maker Electric Round Griddle on Amazon